Want to get away of that irritating WhatsApp mate who sends you good morning texts, and irritating messages, or unpleasant videos/photos but doesn’t want to blacklist him? There is a straightforward way to accomplish this. The Meta-owned online messaging network recently sent out a bundled version of the archived conversation feature. Users can now permanently mute a contact via the chat feature. So, if you have an unpleasant contact that sends you good morning texts or unwelcome forwards regularly, simply archive the chat and forget him/her.
How to Permanently Mute Anyone on WhatsApp?
- Download and install the latest version of the WhatsApp app.
- Navigate to the news platform.
- Choose the intended contact. You may select as many contact numbers as you want to add.
- On Android, long-press the friend and then tap the [directional arrow] at the top right of the screen. On iOS, slide left or long tap the contact to get the archive menu.
- The archive data can be accessed or unarchive with a single tap on both iOS and Android devices.
How to Lookup Archived WhatsApp Conversations?
- The procedure for WhatsApp for Android and iOS phones is the same.
- Launch the WhatsApp application.
- On iOS and Android phones, the Archive Chats area will appear at the top of the home screen.
- To access the archived chats, simply select the option there.
- The Archive tab is not displayed if you have not archived a contact.
How to Unarchive WhatsApp Conversations?
- Launch the WhatsApp app on your Android or iPhone device.
- Navigate to the archive tab at the top of your main screen.
- Long-press the person you want to unarchive and select the option.
- The improved version of the archive chat tool has the advantage of not notifying you of new messages, calls, or other alerts once a contact has been archived.
How to mute WhatsApp status and updates of an annoying friend?
You can also mute their WhatsApp updates and stories to remind yourself that they will continue to irritate you with their relatable status that is primarily targeted for you. You can hide a user’s status updates so that they no longer show at the top of the STATUS section. To hide a contact’s story update, follow the procedures outlined below.
- First, launch WhatsApp on your device.
- Next, select the STATUS option.
- After you’ve opened the status tab, tap and hold your contact’s status update.
- When a pop-up appears on the screen, tap MUTE.
Follow Flickonclick to get all the latest updates on technology, entertainment, offers, lifestyle, talent and fitness.