The Delhi government on Monday made a huge announcement that there will be a 6-day lockdown starting at 10 pm on Monday till 5 am on April 26 to control the rise in COVID-19 cases.
The Chief Minister said, “I have always opposed such measures to fight against coronavirus, it might not help in winning over the coronavirus but it can merely slow down the spread of the virus.”
On Sunday, 25,427 fresh cases were recorded in Delhi that made the biggest jump in its daily tally. After seeing the positivity rate that spiked the charts resulted into causing an acute shortage of beds, oxygen cylinders, and unavailability of ICUs.
People will be allowed to move out for essential services like shops dealing with groceries, fruits and vegetables, medicines, banks, and insurance offices, petrol pumps, but they will be needing an e-pass to go out.
For those who are not aware of where they can get an e-pass, the government also informed by saying that District Magistrates will be responsible for issuing e-pass to all the citizens of Delhi.
Who needs an e-pass?
- Those who want to get a vaccination shot.
- Employees of banks or insurance offices.
- Citizens going to ATMs to withdraw cash or deposit in their savings account.
- Print and Electronic media personnel.
- Private security personnel
- Employees of broadcasting and cable service companies, IT, and internet services.
How to apply for and get the e-pass
- Visit the Delhi government’s website
- Click on the given link to apply for e-pass
- A new link will open and it will ask for particular details like name, contact number, district, and will also ask to upload a government ID proof.
- Finally, you have to upload a letter signed by your employer that this person is associated with providing essential services or commodities.
- Now, click on ‘Submit’ and after submission, you will get an e-pass number on your screen.
- After getting the confirmation of the e-pass through an SMS, you will be able to download it on your smart device or can print a hard copy of it.
Who is exempted?
- Media is exempted from valid ID cards.
- No separate permission or e-pass is required for inter or intrastate movement or transportation of essential goods.