As of April 19, there have been more than 15,000 positive cases and over 500 unwanted deaths in the country. With the rise in coronavirus cases, the government is trying best to increase state-wise coronavirus testing centers in India.
As for the fight against this major outbreak, the Indian Council of Medical Research and the Ministry of Health and Family welfare has designated 142 medical testing centers in the country to control the spread and treat the affectees.
But how would you check if you are positive or negative for the COVID-19 virus? Here we have the complete guide for you on how to tackle the situation for those who have symptoms of the virus.
Who Is Eligible to Take the Test?
According to the Department of Health Research, the disease COVID-19 is a transmission disease. Those individuals who have a travel history to affected countries or have been in contact with an affected person should get themselves checked.
How to Get Tested for Coronavirus?
As mentioned above, if a person has a travel history or particularly has symptoms such as cold, headache, fever, numbness in hands and feet are advised to go into self-quarantine for 14 days.
If the symptoms continue, then you are eligible to contact a nearby COVID-19 testing center and get yourself checked. If these reports showcase a positive result then the scenario is different from now itself.
The hospital is authorized to take you under their cordon-off area for further testing and treatment. If not, then you are free to get yourself home and be present there till any further notice is published.
Where Are the Testing Centers in My State?
If you feel positive about your symptoms, you can contact and give your consent to these authorities for the test. Here, your throat swab and nasal swab will be taken.
After this, your specimens are transported to the National Institute of Virology, Pune where final reports are produced and delivered back to your testing center.
Here is a list of state-wise Coronavirus testing centers in India.
DELHI – NCR
- All India Institute Medical Sciences, Delhi
- National Centre for Disease Control, Delhi
- Lady Hardinge Medical College, New Delhi
- Indira Gandhi Government Medical College, Nagpur
- Kasturba Hospital for Infectious Disease
- Government Medical College, Miraj, Sangli
- Seth GS Medical College & KEM Hospital
- Government Medical College, Nagpur
- Government Medical College, Aurangabad
- M. Government Medical College, Solapur
- Shri Bhausaheb Hire Government Medical College, Dhule
- Government Medical College and Hospital & Superspeciality Hospital, Akola
- All India Institute Medical Sciences, Bhopal
- National Institute of Research in Tribal Health (NIRTH), Jabalpur
- Bundelkhand Medical College, Sagar
- MGM Medical College, Indore
- Gajra Raja Medical College, Gwalior
- S.S Medical College, Rewa
- BJ Medical College, Ahmedabad
- M.P.Shah Government Medical College, Jamnagar
- Government Medical College, Surat 1
- GMC, Bhavnagar
- PDU GMC, Rajkot
- Government Medical College & SSG Hospital, Vadodara
- Sri Venkateswara Institute of Medical Sciences, Tirupati
- Andhra Medical College, Visakhapatnam, Andhra Pradesh
- GMC, Anantapur, Andhra Pradesh
- Rangaraya Medical College, Kakinada
- Post Graduate Institute of Medical Education & Research, Chandigarh
- Government Medical College & Hospital, Chandigarh
- Gandhi Medical College, Secunderabad
- Osmania Medical College, Hyderabad
- Kakatiya Medical College, Nizampura, Warangal
- Rajendra Memorial Research Institute of Medical Sciences, Patna
- Patna Medical College, Patna
- Darbhanga Medical College, Darbhanga
- S K Medical College, Muzaffarpur
- Sawai Man Singh, Jaipur
- Dr. S.N Medical College, Jodhpur
- Jhalawar Medical College, Jhalawar
- SP Med. College, Bikaner
- RNT Medical College, Udaipur
- AIIMS, Jodhpur
- King’s George Medical University, Lucknow
- Institute of Medical Sciences, Banaras Hindu University, Varanasi
- Jawaharlal Nehru Medical College, Aligarh
Follow Flickonclick to get all the latest updates on technology, entertainment, offers, lifestyle, talent and fitness.