It is really important to keep your Aadhaar information updated. When the concept of Aadhaar was newly introduced in India then everyone including children rushed to enrollment centers to issue their Aadhaar card, and you might be one of them. Now it has been 12 years and a lot has been changed since then.
You must be a full-grown up now and must have experienced facial changes after entering adulthood, but your photo in your Aadhaar card still remains the same, that is, your childhood photograph, which makes it difficult to recognize that it is actually you in the picture.
Nowadays, Aadhaar is mandatory in every kind of work whether it may be related to the government or private sector, you require your Aadhaar to get the job done. That’s why updating your photo is necessary, so that you won’t face any problem while getting your job done.
You can easily update your Aadhaar card via the UIDAI portal or by visiting the nearest Aadhaar enrollment center in your region. To change your photograph on your Aadhaar card, you need to follow the steps that are mentioned below.
Key steps to change your photo in your Aadhaar card
- Visit this official website – uidai.gov.in
- Go to the ‘My Aadhaar’ section and download the Aadhaar enrollment form.
- After filling in the necessary detail in the form, submit it to your nearest
- You can click on this link to locate your nearest enrollment center – https://appointments.uidai.gov.in/easearch.aspx?AspxAutoDetectCookieSupport=1
- After visiting the center, you will be asked to give your biometric details, and then your live photo will be taken by the camera
- After making the necessary payment, you will receive an Update Request Number (URN) to keep track of the status. The maximum estimated time for the Aadhaar card to reach your address is 90 days.
Steps to download your updated Aadhaar card
If you cannot wait for the card to arrive at your doorstep then you can also download the updated Aadhaar card from the official website.
- You just need to click on the ‘Get Aadhaar’ tab and select ‘Download Aadhaar’
- Now, select the alternative Aadhaar/VID/Enrollment ID and choose whether to download a masked Aadhaar card or a standard one.
- You will a portal asking for your Aadhaar number followed by Captcha code and other specific details and at last, you have to generate an OTP.
- After entering the OTP, you can easily download your Aadhaar card
Consider these facts while changing your Aadhaar card photo
- You cannot change your photo on the official website, you need to visit the nearest enrollment center for that.
- No need for proof of residence or any other specific details are required
- The maximum time for any kind of update in your Aadhaar card will take up to 90 days
- You can easily track the status of your Aadhaar card using URN that must be mentioned in the acknowledgment slip that you received at the time of making payment.