Global streaming platform Netflix has announced a line-up of 17 original stories, including six new films and two new series. These new titles range a great crowd of genres including love, drama, romance, thriller, and tip-toeing storyline. Netflix has also shared a culmination trailer of these 17 titles.
“We are excited to share our line-up of stories across formats and multiple genres. Together with the finest stories from around the world and our rapidly growing selection of licensed titles, we want to give our members something to discover and love on Netflix every day,” Netflix India VP of content Monika Shergill shares her insights.
Below is our brief description of the Netflix announced 17 titles will be seeing on Netflix:
- Comedy-drama ‘Ludo’ starring Abhishek Bachchan, Rajkummar Rao, Fatima Sana Sheikh, Aditya Roy Kapur, Sanya Malhotra, and Pankaj Tripath. Directed by Anurag Basu and Bhushan Kumar and Divya Khosla Kumar T-Series.
- ‘Torbaaz’ starring Sanjay Dutt, Nargis Fakhri, and Rahul Dev. ‘Torbaaz’ follows the story of a man who takes the baton to rise against war, personal hardships and follow the life to be a better being, starting from educating children in refugee camps.
- Crime thriller ‘Raat Akeli Hai’ starring Nawazuddin Siddiqui and Radhika Apte, Tigmanshu Dhulia, Aditya Srivastava, Ila Arun, Shweta Tripathi, Nishant Dahiya, Khalid Tyabji, and Shivani Raghuvanshi.
- Rom-Com ‘Ginny Weds Sunny’ from Yami Gautam and Vikrant Massey. A young age story which defines the real definition of “Love” and what do we need to know about it in this fast-paced era.
- ‘Gunjan Saxena: The Kargil Girl’ starring Jhanvi Kapoor and Pankaj Tripathi. Based on the real-life story of the first Indian female Air Force officer to fly in a combat zone during the 1999 Kargil War.
- ‘Dolly Kitty Aur Woh Chamakte Sitare’ featuring Bhumi Pednekar and Konkana Sen Sharma. The story follows the life of quite a transgression of two females cousins who develop the true meaning of their lives.
- Mira Nair’s ‘A Suitable Boy’ starring Tabu, Ishaan Khatter, and Vijay Sharma (Super 30 and Gully Boy). The series telltale the story of four big families and their true selves against each other during the 1950s.
- Young adult romantic story ‘Mismatched’ with Prajakta Koli (Youtuber, Mostly Sane) and Rohit Saraf. A rom-com series of a lively girl and a techy guy, who manage to live their life with “Normalcy”.
- ‘Tribhanga: ‘Tedhi Medhi Crazy’ starring Kajol, Mithila Palkar, and Tanvi Azmi. Produced by Ajay Devgn production and Siddharth Malhotra’s Alchemy Films. The plot is yet to be revealed.
- ‘Kaali Khuhi’ starring Shabana Azmi, Satyadeep Mishra, Sanjeeda Sheikh, and Riva Arora. ‘Kaali Khuhi’ is about a 10-year old girl who saves her family in Punjab from a restless ghost of its horrific past.
- ‘Class of ’83 ‘ starring Bobby Deol, Pulkit Samrat, Bhupendra Jadawat, Hitesh Bhojraj, Anup Soni. The film includes Shah Rukh Khan (uncredited), Gauri Khan and Gaurav Verma for Red Chillies Entertainment as the main production.
- ‘AK vs AK’ with Anil Kapoor and Anurag Kashyap. A dark comedy film, ‘AK vs AK’ follows the story of a brash film director (Kashyap) who kidnaps the daughter of a megastar (Kapoor) in search of his next blockbuster.
- ‘Masaba Masaba’ starring Masaba Gupta and Neena Gupta. A comedy-drama story following the real-life of famous fashion designer Masaba Gupta.
- ‘Bombay Begums’ by Pooja Bhatt and Amruta Subhash is based on the story of 5 women across generations who wrestle with desire, ethics, personal crises to own their ambition, in contemporary urban India.
- ‘Bhaag Beanie Bhaag’ with Swara Bhasker and Ravi Patel. It follows the story of how Beanie (Swara) tackle the social stigma to pursue her ambition of becoming a stand-up comedian.
- ‘Bombay Rose’, animated drama from Anurag Kashyap portraying the life of a couple, ragged from streets and into the limelight of Bollywood, all at the same time.
- ‘Serious Men’; Sudhir Misha’s directorial starring Nawazuddin Siddiqui. ‘Serious Men’ follow the story of an underachieving father who plans to use his son’s talent to bring his name back to his family.