The harsh summer conditions in India are often harmful to the skin, even after applying many layers of sunblock and other detan creams, right?
Although there are many techniques by which de-tanning is done, these methods involve chemicals that are very harmful to the skin.
Therefore, using home remedies for de-tanning is one of the most effective and efficient methods. Not only are these methods natural, but these home remedies are also beneficial for the skin.
Listed below are a few natural remedies for de-tanning our skin and face.
Tomatoes are known for their antioxidant properties. It is a fruit that helps purify the blood. Now because of their natural antioxidant property, tomatoes are a very effective home remedy for de-tanning skin.
Tomatoes are rich in lycopene. Lycopene works as a natural sunscreen, protecting the skin from the harsh sun. The antioxidants help repair cellular damage and help remove the skin’s redness.
This is how to detan naturally using tomato juice:
- Pick out some fresh plum tomatoes.
- Now, segregate the pulp from them.
- Mash the tomatoes in a juice or paste form.
- Apply the juice or the paste on your face and burnt skin.
- Keep it for 15 minutes, till it dries up.
- After it dries up, rinse it off with normal water.
For best results, try this remedy twice a week.
Fresh Aloe Vera Gel
Aloe Vera is best known for its antioxidants and antibacterial properties. Applying aloe vera gel directly on your face and skin not only helps in detan but also keeps the skin fresh and glowing.
Aloe Vera gel when applied creates a protective layer on the skin, protecting skin from the sun. This natural ingredient helps reduce wrinkles and prevent ageing. Aloe vera acts as natural moisture and prevents acne.
Below are the steps by which this natural remedy can help detan:
For this natural remedy, aloe vera and lemon juice are the needed ingredients.
- In a container, mix the aloe vers gel and lemon juice.
- Now, apply this gel to your face and skin.
- Leave it for 15 to 20 minutes.
- After this, use a cotton ball to remove the gel from the face and skin.
Lemon Sugar Detan Scrub
This scrub is another very effective natural detaining method. Lemon is rich in anti-blemish and de-tanning agents. On the other hand, sugar crystals act as an exfoliating agent.
This is how to detan using lemon scrub:
- In a container, mix the lemon juice and some sugar.
- Apply the mixture to your face.
- Massage the paste in a circular motion in the affected areas.
- Rinse it off after 15 to 20 minutes.
For best results apply this paste once after week.
Papaya is another natural ingredient that serves best as natural detan. Apart from this, papaya provides a glowing effect to the skin as well.
Wondering how to detan using papaya, follow the instructions below:
- Cut a slice of papaya.
- Either mash the papaya in a paste.
- Keep the paste for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Rinse the papaya after that.
For best results, do this twice a day.
Besan Curd Detan Paste
Curd has a natural cooling effect. It is also abundant in moisture, providing an extra layer of moisture to the skin and face. Curd can be applied directly on the skin, but when applied with besan does wonder to the skin.
Additionally, besan is a really good de-tanning agent. The curd and besan paste helps keep the skin soft, moisturized and clean.
- In a container, take a considerable amount of curd.
- In this, add a little besan, and mix them.
- Apply the paste to your face evenly.
- Let it dry for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Rinse it off with normal water as the paste starts to harden.
For best results, try this method once a week.