UIDAI (Unique Identification Authority of India) has updated its online portal with new features that allow users to easily change or add their new mobile number to their Aadhaar card. With the introduction of this new feature, the lives of users have become simpler as they have both the options to link their mobile numbers to their Aadhaar card either online or offline.
These changes are necessary for the users as they allow citizens to avail the benefits and schemes offered by the Central government. As soon as this new feature got released on the portal, many users were seen updating or linking their mobile numbers with their Aadhaar card by using the Service Update Portal (SSUP), and others were seen paying a visit to enrollment centers regarding updating or linking mobile number.
Still, there are many users who are not aware of the procedures either online or offline. That is why we have prepared a procedure consisting of simple steps which fall under the category demographic data sets. Below are the steps to update or link mobile numbers to the Aadhaar card.
A step-by-step guide to updating mobile number on Aadhaar card
- Firstly, you have to visit the UIDAI online portal – ask.uidai.gov.in.
- After landing on the page, you will see two boxes that have to be filled. In the first one you have to enter the mobile number that you wish to update and in the second box type the captcha.
- As soon as you have filled two boxes, click on send OTP. Once you receive the OTP on your mobile number, proceed to enter in the required box and click on “Submit OTP & Proceed”.
- In the next window, you will notice a dropdown window that says “Online Aadhaar Services”, now click on the one which you desire to change/update.
- To update the mobile number, click on the required option, fill in the necessary details, and click on the option ‘what do you want to update’.
- Once your number has been submitted on the online portal, a new page will show up with an empty box that asks the user to fill it with a captcha displayed on the screen.
- After entering the captcha, the user will receive an OTP on their number, verify the OTP and click on ‘Save and Proceed’.
- Take a printout or take a screenshot of the confirmation page just in case. After this, you have to book an appointment online at your nearest enrollment center and have to pay Rs. 25 fees and be ready to provide additional information if asked by the officials.