Recently, the Unique Identification Authority of India (UIDAI) has been found announcing its new online service and providing a direct link (ssup.uidai.gov.in/ssup/) on its official website to make necessary amendments like change residential address to your Aadhaar Card online.
According to UIDAI, with this URL you will be able to update your residential address in your Aadhaar Card online. If someone wishes to make change in the residential address in their Aadhaar Card online, then they have to visit this URL (ssup.uidai.gov.in/ssup/) and follow some easy steps to update it.
The UIDAI has mentioned 45 documents in a list that can serve as residential proof for an Aadhaar Cardholder and can submit any one of these 45 mentioned documents to carry on the process of updating the Aadhaar Card. So, here is the list of documents that requires your name and address.
Documents Required to Change Residential Address in Aadhaar Card Passport
- Bank Statement/ Passbook
- Post Office Account Statement/ Passbook
- Ration Card
- Voter ID
- Driving License
- Government Photo ID cards/ service photo identity cards issued by PSU.
- Electricity Bill (not older than 3 months).
- Water Bill (not older than 3 months).
- Telephone Landline Bill (not older than 3 months).
- Property Tax Receipt (not older than 1 year).
- Credit Card Statement (not older than 3 months).
- Insurance Policy
- Signed Letter having Photo from Bank on letterhead.
- Signed Letter having Photo issued by registered Company on letterhead.
- Signed Letter having Photo issued by Recognized Educational Institution on letterhead or Photo ID having address issued by Recognized Educational Institution.
- NREGA Job Card.
- Arms License.
- Pensioner Card.
- Freedom Fighter Card.
- Kissan Passbook.
- CGHS/ ECHS Card.
- Certificate of Address having photo issued by MP or MLA or MLC or Gazetted Officer or Tehsildar on UIDAI standard certificate format for enrolment/ update.
- Certificate of Address issued by Village Panchayat head or its equivalent authority (for rural areas) on UIDAI standard certificate format for enrolment/ update.
- Income Tax Assessment Order.
- Vehicle Registration Certificate.
- Registered Sale/ Lease/ Rent Agreement.
- Address Card having Photo issued by Department of Posts.
- Caste and Domicile Certificate having Photo issued by State Govt.
- Disability ID Card/ handicapped medical certificate issued by the respective State/ UT Governments/ Administrations.
- Gas Connection Bill (not older than 3 months).
- Passport of Spouse.
- Passport of Parents (in case of Minor).
- Allotment letter of accommodation issued by Central/ State Govt. (not more than 3 years old).
- Marriage Certificate issued by the Government, containing the address.
- Bhamashah Card/Jan-Aadhaar card issued by Govt. of Rajasthan.
- Certificate from Superintendent/ Warden/ Matron/ Head of Institution of recognized shelter homes or orphanages etc. on UIDAI standard certificate format for enrolment/ update.
- Certificate of Address having photo issued by Municipal Councillor on UIDAI standard certificate format for enrolment/ update.
- Identity Card issued by recognized educational institutions.
- SSLC book having photographs.
- School Identity card.
- School Leaving Certificate (SLC)/ School Transfer Certificate (TC), containing Name and Address.
- Extract of School Records containing Name, Address, and Photograph issued by Head of School.
- Certificate of Identity containing Name, Address, and Photo issued by Recognized Educational Institution signed by Head of Institute on UIDAI standard certificate format for enrolment/ update.
- Certificate of identity containing Name, DOB, and Photograph issued by Employees’ Provident Fund Organisation (EPFO) on UIDAI standard certificate format for enrolment/ update.
You can now update your address in your Aadhaar online through Aadhaar Self Service Update Portal at https://t.co/II1O6Pnk60 to update. To see the list of valid documents, click here: https://t.co/BeqUA0pkqL #UpdatedAddressOnline #UpdateOnline pic.twitter.com/iMM1qqcEqm
— Aadhaar (@UIDAI) June 18, 2021
If you want to update the residential address in your Aadhaar Card then you have to follow these steps mentioned below: –
- First, you have to visit the given URL (ssup.uidai.gov.in/ssup/) and then click on ‘Proceed to Update Aadhaar’.
- Followed by your 12-digit Aadhaar number and do not forget to fill the required captcha code for verification.
- After clicking on ‘Send OTP’ you will receive a 6-digit one-time password via SMS on your registered mobile number.
- Once you receive the one-time password, enter it in the required blank field and then click on ‘Login’.
- The next page will show all the information related to your Aadhaar card from which you can select your address to update the same.
- Once you have entered a new address, you will be required to upload any scanned document as proof of your new residential address and finally click on ‘Submit’
- You will receive a confirmation message via SMS on your registered mobile number.
For those who are not aware of this fact, charges will be applicable whenever someone updates one or more fields in their Aadhaar or even biometrics, so a person would be charged Rs. 100 for the same. If a person wants to change the demographic details of his/her Aadhaar Card, then he/she will be charged Rs. 50.
However, no charge will be asked while making amendments to your residential address as it is free of cost. And for general information, your new Aadhaar card will be delivered within 10-15 days to the address provided by you.