Summer holidays have begun and the fact that it is impossible to stay unproductive seems impossible. And since many of us are locked inside our house with nothing much to do, we have brought you the best craft ideas to use.
With some online ideas and a whole lot of stuff in our house, we have made the perfect list of some of the best zero-waste crafting ideas for you. Let’s begin crafting.
Water Bottle Zipper Holders
Particularly using plastic bottles, we have made the perfect holder for all those things that do not have a permanent address in your room. These can be made small or big, depending upon your choice.
- 2 water bottles (the plastic ones of same size and brand)
- 1 zipper (long enough to fit around the circumference of your bottle)
- Hot Glue
- And Scissors
How to make water bottle zipper holders
- Cut the top half of the bottles off of one of the bottles. Make sure you have checked the length of your item against your bottle length.
- After cutting off the top part, take a strip of the runner. Attach it on the cut end of the bottle and glue it on the rim of the bottle.
- Keep in mind that you have to leave the runner part OUTWARD of the bottle. This way you can allow your bottle to close or open.
- Now, paste one end of the zipper tightly on the bottle cut end and let it dry. Next, take another bottle and cut down the bottom part of it carefully.
- With the cut-off part, paste the remaining half of the zipper on the boundary of the second bottle.
- Match your second half to the previous dried off the first part. And that’s it. Your water B zipper is ready to use.
Tin Can Lanterns
The best part that we like about tin can lanterns is that the more creative you will be, the best results you could expect.
- Tin can
- Small candles or LED Lights (if you can find golden ones, you are doing great)
- And Paint
How to make tin can lanterns:
- Take an old and unused can from your home. Wash and clean it thoroughly.
- Now, you have to freeze it with water. Dill it with water and put it in the freezer to dry off the ice.
- Check if the ice is dried off or not. Once the ice is dried, take out the can and poke 2 holes in it. This will be one on each side oppositely.
- With the wire you found, drop it through the two holes and make a hanging handle.
- Next, you have to carve out designs on the can. To make the designs, take the help of hammer and nails.
- You can be random or lookout for a good design. After this, paint the outer covering of the can and let it dry.
- Put candles or led lights in the center and enjoy the glow.
Cardboard Box Picture Play
Getting bored in the house during a lockdown? Have a bunch of photos with you of you and your loved ones? Well, you are going to love this one. This is a game set up with your photos and a lot of entertainment.
- Cardboard box
- Cardboard roll (or you can use hardcover roles from foil covers)
- Colored paper
How to make cardboard box picture play:
- Wrap a cardboard box with colored paper.
- Now cut out a rectangle on the front and a flap at the back.
- Next, cut 2 circles on each side of the size of your cardboard roll.
- Paint these cardboard rolls and let it dry.
- Fit in the cardboard rolls inside the two circles.
- Finally, paste your pictures on the rolls and get ready for the picture play.
Bird House From Carton
It’s summer out there. Birds have a tough day roaming from places to find a shelter. So why not give them something that could make your day great.
- Milk or juice carton
- Plastic spoon
- Colored paper
- Soft book cover
- Rough Wool (or cloth piece)
How to make a birdhouse from the carton:
- Firstly, paint the cartons with the best colors you can imagine. Let it dry.
- Now, mix glue and water in equal proportion. Apply the mixture on the dried off the carton and on the book cover.
- Next, before your glue dries up, apply for bits of paper on the box to make it attractive.
- Then, make one hole on top and another on side of the carton. This will be the door.
- Also, cut an “X” shape just below the door to insert the spoon for seeds.
- Make small slits on the top and affix a wire in it to hang it.
- Add the wool or cloth piece inside of the house for the birds.
Recycled Sock Snowman
Let’s bring out those old unwearable socks and give them a new and refreshing life. Shall we!
- 1 white sock and 1 colored sock
- Sesame seeds
- Some map pins
- Rubber band
- Ribbon (or a piece of colored cloth)
How to make recycled sock snowman:
- Cut the white sock in half.
- Now, flip it inside out and fill it with seeds.
- Next, shut off the mouth of the socks with a rubber band, making a pouch.
- Also, tie another rubber band on the top of the snowman. This will be his head.
- Paste buttons on the snowman’s gut.
- Make his eyes and nose with map pins.
- Finally, add some ribbons or colored cloth for your snowman’s muffler. And done!
So, here are our top 5 zero-waste creative and interesting craft ideas for you this summer. Happy holidays.
If you like the news, we publish daily and for more such content, click the button below.
Follow Flickonclick to get all the latest updates on technology, entertainment, offers, lifestyle, talent and fitness.