A driving license is one of the most required documents one can have if one wants to own and drive a vehicle in India. Now, not having a license or having wrong information filled in there is also a punishable offense under the Motor Vehicles Act of 1988. So, it is always better to have your documents updated.
Moving on, if you have moved out of your hometown or shifted to someplace else, then also you need to get your address updated. For this, you can easily use the online methods instead of going and standing in the queue like in the old days.
Follow the steps listed below and get your driving license updates via the online method if needed be.
- The first thing will be to collect the necessary documents for change such as Clearance Certificate/No Objection Certificate, Form No. 7, Change of Address Application Form, Post cover, Aadhaar Card, Proof of presence in India, if you are a foreigner, Passport-sized photograph, Proof of current residential address- Ration card, Voter’s ID, Bills.
- The sum that you would need to make the change is INR 500.
- After prerequisites are met, we’ll start the process of changing the address on the driver’s license via the online method.
- The first step is to visit the Sarathi Website, where all the proceedings will take place.
- Select your state and then you’ll be redirected to the dedicated page for that state.
- Click on the button “Apply Online” followed by the “Services on Driving Licence” option.
- A brief introduction will pop up on the screen, read them all, and click continue to proceed.
- You’ll be asked to fill in a certain set of information such as driving license number, date of birth, and State.
- After that, select the respective RTO for yourself and click on proceed.
- You’ll be presented with a verification page and after you’ve done with the process and made sure that the information inputted is correct, click ‘Confirm’.
- Enter the next set of details that the form asks and press ‘Submit’.
- You’ll be presented with an acknowledgment form, which will be asking that all the information that you submitted till now is to the best of your knowledge. After verification, click proceed.
- In the next step, upload the documents as asked and proceed. You’d be asked to upload the address proof, age proof, and Form-1, Photo, and Signature. Proceed after all these have been uploaded in the format and type they have been asked to upload.
- Next, select the “DL Slot Book” to proceed further.
- After that, you’d be asked to select the class of the vehicle. Proceed when done.
- The next segment is for booking slots and on choosing the appropriate date and time, click the ‘Book Slot’ button. Confirm once again and a message receival will be sent to your mobile device in the form of an SMS.
- Download the generated appointment letter.
- Proceed to pay the fee of INR 500 and choose the “click here to continue e-payment”. After payment is initiated, download the receipt for future references.
- After approval of the application, you can print your DL online by choosing the “Print Driving Licence” option.