It’s Big B’s birthday, and we cannot be more excited to share something special about the man of the hour with you. Wait! Before we begin with the top 10 facts about Amitabh Bacchan that you would know only if you’re his biggest fan, we would like you to acknowledge that the legend has turned 79 years old and is still going strong.
Now, let’s start with the list.
The top 10 facts about Amitabh Bacchan are as follows:
- He started his career as a voice actor and was not affiliated with acting. Surprisingly, he was in one of Satyajeet Ray’s films as a voice actor, the name of the film was ‘Shatranj Ke Khiladi’, which was released in 1977.
- In a worldwide poll organised by BBC, Amitabh Bacchan won the Actor of the Millennium award when competing against Charlie Chaplin and Marlon Brando and more.
- His first ever film in which he acted as ‘Saat Hindustani’ was released in 1969 when he used to be a voice actor.
- While many would think that being tall is his USP, at first, when he was auditioning for films, he was rejected for being too tall.
- Once again, breaking a cliche, you may think that his monotonous voice is his USP, but he was rejected by All India Radio, Delhi, to break the norms.
- He had a series of 12 consecutive flops from 1969 to 1973, which made him almost bankrupt. During his bankruptcy period, he asked for help from Yash Chopra and landed a role in ‘Mohabatein’, which ended his dump period.
- In the set of ‘Coolie’, he was hit in an action scene and was almost shook hands with a near-death experience.
- He has been given more roles in a single film than any other actor. He played three roles in the same film ‘Mahaan’.
- He was also revived from Kaun Banega Crorepati, which is, to date, one of the best shows on reality television. He took a chance on his fame and did a TV show when other actors considered appearing as a menial job.
- He can write both from left and right hand.
How do you like the list? Do you have any point to add in there? Well! If you do, please tell us in the comments.
Also, from the life of Amitabh Bacchan, we can take learning that people may reject you for your qualities, but you have to stand tall and face all the odds to achieve what you’re destined for.