According to health reports, around 35 percent of people aren’t getting a good night sleep, thus resulting in sleep deprivation. It is said that getting 7-9 hours of sleep is essential for your overall well-being. A person getting plentiful sleep remains active and energetic the entire day. Sleeping is a process that calms your mind and other senses and filling you up with an enormous amount of energy to fully be functional and active the next day.
Inadequate sleep results in troublesome problems and your brain will refuse to function properly whenever it is required to do a particular task. Moreover, sleep deprivation results in fluctuations in blood pressure, obesity, an increase in blood sugar levels, etc. In fact, you will be amazed to know that inadequate sleeping habits can also be related to depression. Those who are suffering from insomnia may have anxiety issues and might also be suffering from depression.
When a person reaches the depression stage then that person gets lost in the labyrinth of his thoughts and these unnecessary thought-building processes usually take place at night only when it’s time to sleep because that is the only time when a person is in a relaxed mode. Also, poor sleep will lead to increased inflammation in the body.
Today, people are unaware of the benefits of a good night’s sleep that is why they do not have a proper sleeping pattern and falling ill. But it is important for everyone to know the benefits of good sleep and follow them. Down below are some important facts that have been shared regarding the benefits of good sleep.
Benefits of a good night sleep
- Good sleep results in a healthy condition of your heart as chances of heart attacks and strokes get reduced.
- It helps in getting over anxiety problems, depression, stress, and inflammation too. It will also enhance the functioning of the immune system.
- your productivity will be increased and you can easily concentrate on your work. It will also help you in enhancing your memory.
- You will be more alert while driving a vehicle with your eyes wide open, otherwise, an accident might take place if you are sleep deprived.
- Sufficient sleep results in the better formation of hormones like ghrelin and leptin which are responsible for regulating your appetite.
How to get a good night’s sleep?
- Make a proper sleeping pattern and try to follow it on weekends too without any excuses.
- Exercise daily and keep yourself fit. Make sure to do all your exercises in the morning as you will notice a positive change in your day.
- Avoid caffeine at night as it is known as a sleep stealer and will make you awake for long hours.
- Stop using mobile phones or TV before you hit the sack.
- Make sure the surroundings of your room are quiet and you have a darkroom at the time of sleep.
Also Read- Side Effects Of Green Tea To Your Health
Somehow, if these are benefiting you in getting proper sleep, then you should consult a sleep specialist in order to understand whether you do not have sleep apnea or any other sleep breathing problems.