PAN card is one of the most important documents an Indian National can have and it is used to track the financial record of the citizens of the country. Without having a PAN card, it will be impossible to do any banking related activity or even open a simple account. Thus, it is needed by all.
Now, if you’re PAN details are not correct then again it’s a blunder as your application will keep on getting rejected at points in time. Also, for changing the photo and signature on the PAN card, there’s a stepwise process, being aware of that might help you sometime when you’re stuck in the process of altering either of those records.
Process Followed For Changing Photo ID and Signature on a PAN Card:
- Visit NSDL’s official website.
- Select “Changes or correction in existing PAN Data.
- When presented with options in the category menu, select ‘Individual’.
- Fill in the information that is asked on the website, keeping in mind that it should be correct. Click on Continue and move forward.
- Fill in the EID/ Aadhar details.
- Click on the option ‘Photo mismatch’ and ‘Signature Mismatch’ and enter Mother’s and Father’s detail and click on the button “Next’’ button.
- Enter personal details.
- Attach a copy of Aadhaar and Your PAN allotment letter/PAN card photo to proceed further.
- Accept the declaration, and upload the copies of the documents that you previously agreed to.
- Verify the information and click on Submit.
- Pay a sum of INR 101 or INR 1011 depending upon whether you’re an Indian national or someone shifted abroad and in need of an India PAN respectively.
- After this, a 15 digit acknowledgment number will be provided to you.
- You can track the status of your PAN alternation using the acknowledgment number given to you.
- Take a printout of your application and enclosing the given below documents mail it to the NSDL’s official address.
Documents Required For Alteration
Person of Indian Origin card issued by the Government of India
Overseas Citizen of India
Aadhar / E- Aadhar
Elector’s Photo Identity Card
Other national or citizenship identification number or taxpayer-identification number duly attested by ‘Apostille’
Photo Identity card issued by the Central Government or State Government or a public sector undertaking.
Ration card having a photograph of the applicant.
Central Government health scheme card
Ex-servicemen contributory health scheme photo
Photograph of the applicant.
NSDL’s Mailing Address
‘INCOME TAX PAN SERVICES UNIT (Managed by NSDL e-Governance Infrastructure Limited)’
at 5th Floor Mantri Sterling, Plot No. 341, Survey No. 997/8, Model Colony,
Near Deep Bungalow Chowk, Pune-411 016
Follow Flickonclick to get all the latest updates on technology, entertainment, offers, lifestyle, talent and fitness.