Amritpal Singh Dhillon, also known as AP Dhillon is a versatile Punjabi singer, lyricist, and music producer. AP Dhillon made his debut in the singing industry with the solo song Fake under Run-Up Records in 2019.
In order to become popular, a person has to put in strenuous efforts and this is what AP Dhillon did in his career. After the release of his debut song in 2019, it was obvious that he won’t get fame overnight, so it took him one year to get recognized by music lovers.
In 2020, he released his single Deadly that brought immense attention and this song went viral on the internet. Also, his song did enter in UK Asian Music Chart and ranked 11th position. After this, he was unstoppable and came with a couple of more bangers.
Songs like Dropout and Majhail were on the top position on UK Asian and Punjabi Music Chart. His songs mostly belong to the hip-hop genre. Today, we have brought some insights into AP Dhillon’s life and his journey. Here is everything you need to know about the Punjabi singer.
Everything You Need to Know About AP Dhillon
|Real Name||Amritpal Singh Dhillon|
|Date of Birth||January 10, 1993|
|Birthplace||Gurdaspur, Punjab, India|
|Height||6’0” or 182 cm|
|School||Little Flower Convent Senior Secondary School|
|College||Graduation in Civil Engineering from Punjab Technical University (now known as I.K Gujral Punjab Technical University) in Kapurthala, Punjab (2011-2013)
Post-Graduation Degree in Business Administration and Management from Camosun College, British Columbia, Canada (2015 – 2017)
|Education Qualification||Under-Graduation in Civil Engineering
Post-Graduation in Business Administration and Management
|Occupation||Singer, Lyricist, Producer|
|Year Active||2019 – Present|
- Dhillon started his music career in 2019 with singles “Fake” and “Faraar”.
- After a year, in 2020, he came out with another single “Deadly” that went viral and managed to enter UK Asian Chart and was spotted with 11th It also managed to be among the top 5 songs on the UK Punjabi Chart.
- In June 2020, AP Dhillon again dropped a single – “Majhail” in collaboration with Gurinder Gill and Manni Sandhu. This song also made it to the top in the UK Asian and Punjabi Chart.
- September 18, 2020, was the day when fans went crazy as he released “Brown Munde”, along with Gurinder Gill and Shinda Kahlon. Not only that, but the music video also featured other great Punjabi singers like Nav, Sidhu Moose Wala, Money Musik, Steel Banglez, and Anmol Dalwani. “Brown Munde” took him to heights in his career.
- Brown Munde bagged the first position in worldwide carts like New Zealand Music Charts, UK Punjabi Charts, and also entered Billboard Charts and maintained to stay at the spot for more than two weeks.
- This song managed to acquire #76 position globally, #1 on Spotify India, #1 position on Apple Music Charts, and #5 position on Radio Chart.
- In December 2020, AP Dhillon released his debut album “Not By Chance” and gained the #63 spot on Canadian Albums Chart.
- In November 2021, he released another album “Hidden Gems”.
- After all this, he performed in a live concert for the first time along with Gill and Kahlon – “Over The Top – The Takeover Tour” across 6 major cities in India.
Favorite Things of AP Dhillon
|Singer||Pop Smoke, 2Pac, Nipsey Hussle|
|2020||Not By Chance||RUN-UP Records|
|1.4 million+ followers||Link|
|10,000 (approx.) followers||Link|
|Spotify||5,200,451 monthly listeners||Link|