Aadhaar card is one of the most crucial documents, how to generate Aadhaar card copy if one has lost is mentioned below. Losing your Aadhaar card could be dangerous. While it serves many purposes such as linking bank accounts, age and address proof, obtaining subsidies, KYC verification, income-tax returns, and ease online and offline important financial transactions.
While losing it could lead to a lot of unwanted stress, getting a new copy is now a lot easier than ever before. The Unique Identification Authority of India (UIDAI) has now released a new memorandum. Under the new norms, any person who might have misplaced or lost their Aadhaar Card could generate aadhaar card copy easily.
“Order Aadhar Reprint Service” is now active for all citizens
As per the reports, the new service will be a postal service. Any new application regarding a reprint of their Aadhar card will reach via speed post to the owner at their registered residential address within 15 days of applying. This new service is now being available online at all major portals.
Till now, more than 60 lakhs of country citizens have taken positive advantage of the new service. To generate new Aadhaar cardy copy, you can choose the online UIDAI website or the mAadhaar app. Before applying, a user must ensure they have their Aadhaar number or Virtual Identification number (VID).
To apply for reprinting for a new copy, users can follow the below-mentioned steps
- Go to the UIDAI website. www.uidai.gov.in
- Click on the “My Aadhaar” section and choose to Get Aadhaar.
- Now click “Order Aadhaar Reprint”. This will open a new dialog box.
- Next, fill in your Aadhaar number or VID number or EID-Enrollment ID number. Fill in the security captcha.
- Now, if you do not have the registered mobile number, tick on “My mobile number is not registered”. Users who have registered mobile number need not check it on.
- Enter the new mobile number on which OTP will be sent to you. Click on send OTP.
- A one time password will be sent to your active mobile number. Enter the OTP received.
- Next, your personal details will be shown on the monitor. Check all your personal details. If correct, proceed further.
- Now, you will be directed to a payment page. A transaction of Rs 50 including GST will be required to complete the reprint of your Aadhaar.
You can choose to pay with net banking facility, debit or credit card, or UPI payment mode.
- After making payment, your application for a reprint will be submitted. A Service Request Number or SRN number will be displayed on the screen and is also sent on your registered mobile number.
Generate Aadhaar Card Copy with UIDAI mAadhaar app
- Users can also download the mAadhaar app and request a reprint service. To avail the service, download the mAadhaar app.
- Click on “Order Aadhaar Reprint”. A disclaimer will be shared defining all terms and conditions. To proceed, click OK.
- Next, a screen will be displayed showing two options: ‘I have registered mobile number’ and ‘An unregistered mobile number’.
If your registered number is with you, you can choose the first. Otherwise, enter a non-registered number for obtaining the OTP.
- Choosing any option will ask you to enter your Aadhaar number and required captcha.
- Click Submit. An OTP will be sent to your mobile number.
- Enter the OTP. Your application for reprinting is submitted.
Note down the SRN number. The 28-digit SRN number could be used to track your application status in the future.
How to track “Reprint Aadhaar Card” application status
To check your application status, you can use the mAadhaar app or visit Chttps://resident.uidai.gov.in/check-reprint-status. Here, enter SRN and Aadhaar number in the specified spaces. This way, you can check your application status.