As the cases for omicron rise, the Delhi Government is back into action to prevent a situation like the last two times. The Delhi government’s four-stage Graded Response Action Plan (GRAP) has started as we expect the third wave soon. Additionally, you should know that a night curfew has been imposed in Delhi from 11 pm to 5 am. Let us know more about the GRAP and what it does.
There are four stages of GRAP, namely the yellow, Yellow, Amber, Orange, and Red alert. Only under the Red Alert, the government will move for a total lockdown, and in all the other cases, the rules are as follow:
- The yellow alert will be imposed when the Covid positivity rate crosses 0.5 percent, new cases increase to 1,500, or oxygenated bed occupancy reaches 500. In this case, essential goods will be allowed only, and for every non-essential establishment, a time slot will be allotted, which would fall between 10 am and 8 pm that too on an odd-even basis.
- Additionally, only one weekly market will be opened with about 50% active vendors compared to normal capacity.
- Restaurants will also be functioning on 50% of the usual capacity and operate between 8 am and 10 pm. Bars will be allowed with the same rule, but the starting time will drop to noon instead of 08 am.
- In the name of social activity, only marriages and funerals will be allowed, with a maximum of 20 people attending them.
- Metro will be running as usual but on 50% capacity.
- Nonessentials institutions such as Cinema halls, banquet halls, spas, gyms, outdoor yoga activity, amusement parks, stadiums, swimming pools, which would also be including the functioning of colleges and schools, will be closed until further notice.
- Private offices will function on 50% capacity, and government offices will only call those officials whose presence is necessary.
Exemption From The Lockdown State
Government officials, judges and judicial officers, medical personnel, pregnant women and patients, people going on foot, media persons, and people going to or returning from railway stations, bus stops, and airports will be exempted from the Night Curfew In Delhi.