Delhi Metro is going to resume operation on Monday, 7th September 2020, after a full pause of almost half-a-year. There is mixed sentiment in the eyes and some are happy that they get back their favorite mode of public transport while others are worried about another mass breakout.
Regardless of all that, Metro is going to resume its services for sure but with a new set of guidelines and in three stages.
Guidelines to Follow While Travelling in Metro
- Aarogya Setu must be installed and you should be belonging in a safe category of individual for traveling in Metro.
- A face mask should always be worn at all times during the journey.
- A thermal check is necessary and would be conducted at your entry at the station.
- Hand Sanitizers are recommended but will also be available at different points at the metro stations.
How Metro Plans To Resume Operation
- The train would skip any station that falls under the containment zone.
- The stoppage time at every station is increased by 30 seconds, for letting a fresh breeze of air to pour in.
- Individuals are to be started in an alternative manner only, maintaining social distancing norms.
- The use of cards is the only way you can pay for your journey and token will not be available anymore.
- A limited number of entry gates to the station will be opened.
Stages Of Metro Reopening
Metro will be reopened in stages only and not all at once. The stages planning for metro reopening looks something like this:
- The yellow line and Gurugram’s rapid line will be starting operation on 7th September.
- Blueline and Pink line would start running starting 9th September.
- Red, Green, and Violet lines would be commenced from 10th September.
- In stage one, the Metro will only be operable during two shits which are 7 AM to 11 AM and 4 PM to 8 PM.
- Grey and Magenta lines would be started on 11th September under the second phase.
- The timings of Metro will be shifted to 7 AM to 1 PM and 4 PM to 10 PM.
- Airport Line and all the other services will be fully resumed starting September 12th, 2020.
- Full-timing for the operation of Metro, which is 6 AM to 11 PM will be in effect from stage 3 only.
There are still a lot of questions to be answered whether this serves as a good decision or not. But all will be answered after September 7th only.