The liver is a powerhouse of an organ and is a cone-shaped organ that lies above the abdominal cavity. It produces proteins, cholesterol, and even carbohydrates. Its function is to channelize the regulation of all chemical functions in our body. It is the most important organ to remove harmful toxins from our body. Liver health is essential for overall health and its dysfunction can lead to liver disease, metabolic disorder, and type-2 diabetes. That’s why we have covered 10 good foods for your liver. We believe that following this list will definitely help you in keeping your liver in a good shape.
10 Foods Good For Liver:
- Berries: – Berries such as cranberries, raspberries, and blueberries contain antioxidants called polyphenols, which protect the liver from getting damaged. They are also a rich source of anthocyanins and they improve liver health by enhancing immune cell response.
- Olive oil: – Addition of olive oil in your diet will help in improving liver function by reducing oxidative stress which is a good source of Monounsaturated fatty acids.
- Nuts: – Nuts usually contain vitamin E, unsaturated fatty acids, phytonutrients, and antioxidants which keep the liver healthy and helps in preventing NAFLD, as well as reduce oxidative stress, prevent weight gain, and reduce inflammation.
- Garlic: – Consumption of garlic reduces body weight and fat content in people with NAFLD and also helps in stimulating the liver. It resulted to be beneficial as being overweight leads to NAFLD.
- Oatmeal: – Oats helps in fighting against inflammation, obesity, diabetes, and strengthens the body’s immune system because of the presence of beta-glucan compounds in it, and oats helps in reducing fat storage. Oatmeal is one of the best foods for your liver.
- Coffee: – Coffee protects against fatty liver disease, such as liver cancer, and its daily consumption will reduce the risk of chronic liver disease. It helps in increasing the protective antioxidants by increasing Glutathione-a potent antioxidant-production in the liver and reduces fat build-up.
- Fatty fish: – Consumption of fatty fish results in reducing the impact of NAFLD, as it is rich in omega-3 fatty acids, which helps in reducing inflammation. It is recommended that a person should eat oily fish two or more times a week to improve the functioning of the liver.
- Green tea: – Green tea helps in reducing signs of NAFLD (Non-alcoholic Fatty Liver Disease), overall fat content, and fight against oxidative stress.
- Cruciferous vegetables: – Vitamins and minerals present in vegetables like avocado, banana, cauliflower, broccoli, etc. helps in improving the health of the liver. These vegetables contain carotenoids and other powerful phytonutrients that help in detoxing our system.
- Grapes: – Reports say that grape juice and grape seeds help in preventing liver damage and reducing inflammation as they are rich in antioxidants.
Follow Flickonclick to get all the latest updates on technology, entertainment, offers, lifestyle, talent and fitness.