When the government announced the nationwide lockdown, thousands of citizens went through a tough time due to a lack of original documents. To assess and stop any further inconvenience, the government has now allowed changing the address on the Aadhaar card “Online”.
The Unique Identification Authority of India (UIDAI) has provided the ability to change your residential address details on the Aadhaar card server via online method. With this new method, any Aadhaar cardholder can make amends in their address details via these simple mentioned steps.
Change Address on Aadhaar Card Without Address Proof
1. Visit the official website of the Unique Identification Authority of India (UIDAI) — uidai.gov.in
2. If you do not have a valid address proof, you can simply opt for the ‘Address Validation Letter’. This option will be under the ‘My Aadhaar’ menu.
3. A new webpage will open that will read — ‘Request for Address Validation Letter’.
4. Now, enter your 12-digit Aadhaar number or 16-digit number Virtual ID given to you in the long card document.
5. Enter the captcha shown on the screen.
6. Now, click on ‘Send OTP’. A One Time Password will be sent to your registered mobile number.
Note- The above mobile number is the one that is linked with your Aadhaar account and needs to be with you at the time of changing the address.
7. For those who do not have the registered mobile number, they can use the Time-based One-time Password (TOTP) feature to authenticate.
8. Once done, enter the ‘Address Verifier’s Aadhaar number’.
9. An SMS will be sent to your number with a link in it.
10. Once the verifier clicks on the link he/she will receive another SMS for the verification of OTP.
11. Enter the OTP sent on the registered mobile number and the captcha code.
12. Once verified, a Service Request Number (SRN) number will be sent to your number.
13. Now, login with SRN and enter the new address details.
14. Tick against the declaration form and submit the application.
15. You will receive the ‘Address Validation Letter‘ with the ‘Secret Code’ sent to the verifier’s address via post.
16. Go to the UIDAI website and click on the ‘Proceed to Update Address’ link.
17. Once again login with Aadhaar and select ‘Update Address via Secret Code’ option.
18. You have to enter the ‘Secret Code’. Once done, preview the new address and click on the ‘Submit’ button.
Change Address on Aadhaar card With Address Proof
1. Visit the UIDAI website (uidai.gov.in) and navigate to the ‘Aadhaar Self Service Update Portal’ on it.
2. If you have a valid address proof, click on ‘Proceed to Update Address’.
The UIDAI has released a list of various other government documents which one can use to use as an address proof while opting for a change option. These documents can be:
*Electricity bill/ Water bill
*Bank statement or Passbook
*Voter ID card
3. Click on the ‘Login’ button. An OTP will be sent to your registered mobile number.
4. Enter the OTP sent.
5. Now, click on ‘Update Address via Address Proof’ or ‘Update Address Via Secret Code’.
6. Fill in all the details that need to be corrected.
7. Next, upload your original colored digitally scanned copies of an address proof document.
8. Finally, tick against the declaration and submit the request. Make sure you note your Update Request Number (URN). This will help you track the status of your change in the Aadhaar details.
Follow Flickonclick to get all the latest updates on technology, entertainment, offers, lifestyle, talent and fitness.