1. An ideal partner has grown up.
Growing up is not merely a matter of acting like an adult. To truly grow up means recognizing and resolving early childhood traumas or losses, and then understanding how these events influence our current behaviors.
2. An ideal partner is open and non-defensive.
The ideal partner is open and undefended, and is willing to be vulnerable.Their openness also enables them to be forthright in expressing feelings, thoughts, dreams and desires.
3. An ideal partner is honest and lives with integrity.
The ideal partner realizes the importance of honesty in a close relationship. Honesty builds trust between people.
4. An ideal partner is respectful of and sensitive to the other, having uniquely individual goals and priorities
Ideal partners value the other’s interests separate from their own.
5. An ideal partner has empathy for and understanding of their partner.The ideal partner perceives their mate on both an intellectual, observational level and an emotional, intuitive level. This partner is able to both understand and empathize with their mate.
6. An ideal partner is physically affectionate and sexually responsive.
The ideal partner is easily affectionate and responsive on many levels: physically, emotionally and verbally.
7. An ideal partner has a sense of humor!
The ideal partner has a sense of humor. A sense of humor can be a lifesaver in a relationship