Wondering what Facebook is really upto? Well, if you are burning with curiosity, then we must tell you that what new feature the globally renowned Facebook has recently launched is the Messenger Room Feature. This was done to take on instantaneously emerging video conferencing platforms like Zoom and Google meet.
This feature is currently available to everyone and is expected to be accessible to the Whatsapp users as well.
According to this feature, it allows over 50 people to have a group call simultaneously provided they are Facebook users. Initiallly, this facility is accessible to the beta users of Facebook but soon it will be available across the world.
The whatsapp application will open the door to the Messenger Rooms feature. From Whatsapp, the user can install the Messenger Rooms application. Or simply you can use the Messenger Rooms website on your web browser. The users must have a Facebook account to use the video calling function.
And the best part is that the Messenger Rooms video chats and calls are end-to-end encrypted which is something that even Whatsapp doesn’t provide.
How to use Messenger Room on android device and iPhone?
You’ve got nothing to worry about that. It’s very simple. Speaking of the Messenger Rooms shortcut in Whatsapp, there’s nothing new in accessing the feature. It is basically same for Android, iPhone, and desktop application users.
Follow the steps given below to use the Messenger Rooms feature via Whatsapp
- To create and share the room link, go to Whatsapp and tap on the Call tab.
- Create a room after clicking the call tab.
- Alternatively, you can open any personal chat, go to Attach> Room or otherwise, open a group chat having 5 or more participants.
- Then, click on the group call icon and create a room by adding a desirable name for the same.
- Send the invitation link to the members you want to invite for the Messenger Room via Whatsapp
- The users can join the meeting via shared link either on the website or the Messenger app
- The users will then have to update the Messenger app and login their Facebook account
Using via WhatsApp Web and WhatsApp Desktop app?
- After opening the via WhatsApp Web and WhatsApp Desktop app, tap on the three dot icon and select the Create a Room option.
- Alternatively, open a group chat and then click on Attach > Room.
- A new tab will open of a Messenger website where you can avail the video calling service.
Thus, users ought to have a Facebook account to make a messenger room that takes put outside of WhatsApp. Moreover, the video chats are not end to end encrypted in these rooms which are not at all like WhatsApp video calls.
Follow Flickonclick to get all the latest updates on technology, entertainment, offers, lifestyle, talent and fitness.