Suppose you’re worried about the due date coming close for filing of ITR and haven’t figured out to either get it done from a CA or to do it yourself. The article is for you; keep on reading as we’ll tell you about the benefits to File ITR Online.
To tell you more, the final date to file the ITR for this session is 31st December, as announced by the Central Board of Direct Taxes (CBDT).
Now, we’re going to take you through the process to File ITR Online step by step, and it goes as follows:
- Register yourself on the portal by visiting this website and clicking Register.
- All you would have to do is enter your name, phone, email, PAN card details and related information.
- To verify the correctness, you’ll receive an OTP on the phone and email as well.
- Now, the registration part is done. If you’ve already registered in the past, then kudos to you. You could have skipped till step 04 anyway.
- After registration, you would have to log back in once again.
- Look for the menu bar at the top and click on e-file.
- Then you would have to look for ‘Income Tax Returns’.
- The next term that you would have to find is ‘File Income Tax Return’.
- In the next step, you would have to select the Assessment Year and click ‘Continue’.
- Now, you’ll be asked if you wish to file the return ‘Online’ or ‘Offline’. So, you would have to choose ‘Online’ method as we’re e-filing ITR.
- Choose between filing the ITR as individual, Hindu Undivided Family (HUF), or others. Usually, you would have to choose ‘Individual’.
- The next section would ask you which form do you want to fill in and you have to select between ‘ITR 1’, ITR 2, ITR 3, and more.
- In the following processes, it will ask you details of your income in this assessment year and questions related to that. For which, you need to prepare a tally before hand.
- In the last option, add your banking details and proceed with that.
- Verify your details and click the submit button. That’s all and you’re done with the e-filing of the ITR.