Have you ever posted something embarrassing on Facebook a long time prior and need to get rid away of it? Facebook’s new feature namely ‘Manage Activity’ can offer the assistance for users to hide old posts in their profile.
“Whether you’re entering the job market after college or moving on from an old relationship, we know things change in people’s lives, and we want to make it easy for you to curate your presence on Facebook to more accurately reflect who you are today,” the company said in a statement.
About the ‘Manage Activity’ option
The most recent Facebook new feature lets users cover up their old posts on the social media platform that are not significant for their respective audience, but are worth keeping. It’s a great feature that permits you to create certain Facebook posts private rather than moving them straightforwardly to the trash.
Manage Activity tool can be utilized to erase person posts or select different posts and erase them in bulk. These posts will be forever erased after 30 days unless you select to manually erase or restore them sooner. Moreover, the new feature gives individuals the alternative to sort out their posts by a time range.
Individuals can too erase numerous posts at once with Manage Activity. The company said it has created channels to assist users sort and find what they are searching for, like posts with particular individuals or from a particular date range.
Currently, this highlight has been only available on the Facebook app on Android and iOS, and Facebook Lite. Facebook expressed that the highlight will soon be accessible on the desktop location as well.
You’ll erase, curate, and essentially redo your own digital impression on Facebook. Also, you can hide and archive the posts that you simply do not need others to see, but do not need to erase them either. Moreover, posts can be selected for trashing if you need.
But in case you alter your choice and mind about erasing those posts, you’ll recover them from the junk in span of 30 days, unless you’ve got manually erased that post from the junk as well.
Steps to hide older posts
- Firstly open your Facebook account and your profile.
- Click on Activity log option and then on Manage activity.
- After clicking on Manage activity, click on your posts.
- Click on Filters and select from “People” or “Date” in case you’ve got any criteria for sorting out your posts. Otherwise you can tap on “categories” and select which posts do you need to curate from choices. These choices are All, Text updates, check-ins, notes and more, Photographs and videos and Posts from other apps.
- Now you are required to select the posts and tap on “Archive” or “Trash” options. These at the foot, to sort out the posts. Erase a post or photo you need to get freed of. Be sure that you just can’t expel a post or photo that was posted by somebody else. If you need to that post or photo to be removed where you’re tagged, you wish to ask your companion to privately remove it.