The government, on Wednesday, announced the new guidelines regarding Unlock 3.0 in the country. With the upcoming norms, gymnasiums and swimming pools will be allowed to open from August 5. The administration has also reviewed to revoke the order of night curfew soon as well.
As per the new discussions, operation of metro rail, cinema halls, swimming pools, entertainment parks, theatres, bars, auditoriums, assembly halls, and other common public spots shall continue to remain closed. Educational institutions too shall remain shut till August 31.
Also, the government has decided to increase the lockdown till August 31 for the containment zones. In this period any social/ political/ sports/ entertainment/ academic/ cultural/ religious functions are to be prohibited. And the regulations of a lockdown shall be followed as before.
The Ministry of Home Affairs has decided after receiving several raised opinions from various industry committees. While gym the above two and many new places will see a reopening, prominent public areas including schools and metros are to be kept closed.
“In Unlock 3, which will come into effect from August 1, the process of phased re-opening of activities has been extended further. The new guidelines, issued today, are based on feedback received from States and UTs, and extensive consultations” a statement from the MHA stated.
Here are some of the major highlights you should look out for in the new guidelines under Unlock 3.0:
- Restrictions on night curfew have to be removed, starting August 1. Until now, the night curfew was exercised between 9 pm to 7 am, which was changed to 10 pm to 5 am during the period of Unlock 2.0.
- Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) are to be issued by the Ministry of Health & Family Welfare (MoHFW) for ensuring social distancing and other preliminary regimes for yoga centers and gymnasiums.
- Consultations have been made with all the state and union territory executives related to the reopening of educational institutions. Under Unlock 3.0, schools and colleges are to be kept closed until August 31, 2020.
- International travel has been permitted under the regulations of the “Vande Bharat” mission. Any upcoming international travel procedures are to be checked off with total security.
- Independence Day celebration at National, State, District, Sub-Division, Municipal and Panchayat levels, and ‘At Home’ functions are to be done while wearing masks and practicing social distancing.
- Rail travel in the country will be continued to be closed until further conditions are looked to be nearby contained and safe for the passengers.
- Containment zones are to be carefully demarcated by the State/ UT Governments to contain the spread of the Coronavirus.
- Activities in containment zones shall be monitored regularly. And the guidelines relating to containment measures in these zones shall be strictly implemented.
- If possible, Work from Home is to be practiced at the workplace. If not, thermal screening, alternate work hours, and usage of the Aarogya Setu app are mandatory for the attendees.
- Restriction from inter-state and intra-state travel have been removed. Any traveler need not issuing any permission/ authority/ E-pass to accommodate their travel.
- Guidelines released for COVID-19 management are to be followed. The general population is to be accompanied by the state and union territories with the best possible support.
Follow Flickonclick to get all the latest updates on technology, entertainment, offers, lifestyle, talent and fitness.