The IRCTC has set new protocols and decided to run some special trains and the ticket booking has been opened from 11th May 2020 since 4 PM. Now, if you’re someone who has already booked a ticket to about to, then you may get to know some new railway station protocols.
There are certain rules you need to follow while boarding any of these special trains, such as:
- Wear a mask and maintain social distancing norms among those around you.
- You are encouraged to bring your own sheets and blankets.
- You are also encouraged to bring in your own food and water for the journey. Also, there would be no catering charges included in the tickets.
- You are to arrive 90 minutes before the departure and would have to go a clearance check.
- Anyone dropping you off can use a vehicle, to and from the railway station to their home only. But they would need a copy of the confirmed ticket in order to travel freely on the road.
- You are also to download Aarogya Setu App in order to keep social distancing norms in check.
- There would be no station tickets at the counter and you cannot get a train ticket from the platform, only e-tickets are allowed.
- The passengers having confirmed tickets would be allowed only to enter the station. Also, you cannot book RAC, Waiting List, Tatkaal, Special Tatkal, or any other form of railway ticket except for the confirmed one.
“Provision for pre-paid meal booking, e-catering shall be disabled. However, the IRCTC shall make provision for limited eatables and packaged drinking water on a payment basis. Information to this effect shall be made available to passengers during the time of booking a ticket. Passengers are encouraged to carry their own food and drinking water. Dry, ready-to-eat food and bottled water shall be provided on demand, inside the trains on a payment basis,” the guidelines said.
Also, the passenger’s getting to the railway station was something that many people have doubts about, which is cleared by the guidelines.
“For the movement of the passenger(s) as well as the driver of the vehicle transporting the passenger(s) to and fro the Railway Station shall be allowed on the basis of the confirmed e-ticket,” added the guidelines.
Apart from the new guidelines and protocols, individuals have been facing new problems such as the e-booking website crashed the very first day, and as usual, netizens took it to their hand, that they should make memes.
Data pertaining to special trains is being fed in the IRCTC website. Train ticket bookings will be available in a short while. Please wait. Inconvenience is regretted.
— Ministry of Railways (@RailMinIndia) May 11, 2020
Ministry of Railways Tweeted that the website has been crashed after 30 minutes that the ticket booking was started. And here’s how netizens responded.
#IRCTC site to open at 6 PM.
People waiting to log in pic.twitter.com/DOYH8NYgQM
— Professor (@vipin122821) May 11, 2020
*News- Online passenger train booking starts at 4:00PM*
— DR.Arjun Reddy (@Atheist_Krishn) May 11, 2020
— Palash Jain (@bhut_tezz) May 11, 2020