If you are an Indian citizen then you have to attach a copy of your Aadhaar Card in several documents. UIDAI has generated 21 crore Aadhaar numbers since the issuance of the first Aadhaar number on September 29, 2010.
An Aadhaar Card contains your demographic as well as biometric data. The 12-digit unique identification number is required to open a bank account, for filing TDS, et cetera.
Everyone has a right to enroll for Aadhaar, even a newborn child. And, these Aadhaar cards are called Baal Aadhaar. There are simple steps to apply for Baal Aadhaar if you have a newborn child in your family.
Indian Govt. Announced 10-day Mandatory Quarantine for All UK Travelers, Irrespective of Vaccination
How Can Someone Apply for Baal Aadhaar Card?
The process of applying for an Aadhaar for your newborn child is the same as the one needs to follow for adults. To apply for Baal Aadhaar, you need to visit the nearest Enrolment Centre and fill up an application form.
Do not forget to carry your supporting documents like Proof of Identity (PoI), Proof of Address (PoA), Proof of Relationship (PoR), and Date of Birth. UIDAI accepts 44 PoA, 31 PoI, 14 DoB, and 14 PoR documents.
Aadhaar Card Update: How to Add a Mobile Number and an Address Using the Self-Service Portal
Check Out These 5 Fun, Interesting, and Important Facts About Baal Aadhaar
- A child below 5 years of age is eligible for a blue-colored Baal Aadhaar. Once the baby turns greater than 5 years, then he is ineligible to apply for it.
- Being a parent of your child, you can use your child’s school ID card (Photo ID issued by Recognized Educational Institution) as proof for his/her enrolment.
- Do remember to update the biometric details of your child’s Aadhaar card at the age of 5 years and then again at 15 years of age. The biometric update is free of cost for children. This biometric update is mandatory in order to reactivate it.
- As a parent, you can apply for your child’s Aadhaar card right after his/her birth. You only require a copy of your Aadhaar card attached along with a copy of your child’s birth certificate. You can also attach the discharge slip, the hospital gave you.
5. The child’s Aadhaar data does not demand any of the biometric info like Iris scan and fingerprints. Once the child turns 5 years of age, updating biometric info is necessary.