PVC cards are polyvinyl chloride cards and now Aadhaar has taken the initiative to launch these Aadhaar PVC card for Indian nationals, as these are easy to carry around.
Their well-built design makes it a smart choice for Aadhaar holders, as the plastic protects the card from being damaged over time. This PVC Aadhaar card is offering the option of instantly verifying your identity by scanning the QR code given on the card. Aadhaar is now considered the primary form of identification for Indian nationals.
UIDAI on their statement regarding this situation, took to Twitter to convey, “Your identity is instantly verifiable offline, by simply scanning the OR code given on your new Aadhar card.”
This new card was launched by the UIDAI in October and comes with all the latest security features. Some of the features used in this card to secure it are the Guilloche pattern, ghost image, hologram, and micro text.
The UIDAI puts a charge of Rs 50 on every card made using PVC. This plastic card holds information about the individual and serves as the basis for identification in any place or institution.
There are no limits on the number of orders, and these cards which were ordered online will be delivered to the individual’s address through a speed post.
Want to apply for the new Aadhaar PVC card, here are a few steps to help you find out:
- Visit the official website of the UIDAI, and apply online for making your PVC Aadhaar card.
- On the My Aadhaar section, click on the Aadhar PVC card to order your new Aadhar card as well.
- To initiate this process, first, enter the 16-digit Aadhaar Virtual ID number that you are allotted, or simply use the 28-digit EID.
- You will see a captcha or security code pop up on your screen, and give the code or captcha codes mentioned in order to receive the OTP.
- The OTP will be received on the registered number on your Aadhaar card. Enter the OTP and submit it.
- After entering any and all details, the order is finished and a preview of the Aadhaar card is uploaded on the site.
- After seeing the preview of the card, check out the payment options and pay Rs 50 for completing this procedure. Once the payment is made, your Aadhaar PVC card will immediately be sent to the respective individual.