Aadhaar card is the nation’s biggest biometric identification system, in which people are given a unique 12-digit number that is connected to their fingerprints. It would not be an understatement to claim that in the coming, Aadhaar will be required to participate in government initiatives. The Aadhaar card serves as both a confirmation of address and identification.
As a result, it is critical that all of your knowledge and statistics on the Aadhaar card be correct. Otherwise, you may be unable to benefit from government programmes. If your details or fingerprints have changed, you must apply for an Aadhaar Card Update right away.
Is it important to update our Aadhaar card beyond the age of 18?
Anybody, from youngsters to the senior, can obtain an Aadhaar card. According to the UIDAI, a child’s Aadhaar card must undergo two required fingerprint upgrades. One when the youngster is five years old, and another when he or she is fifteen years old.
Self-Checkout Upgrade Portal
You can use the Self-Checkout Upgrade Portal to change your Aadhaar card’s demographic data, such as your identity, birth date, nationality, location, and language. The SSUP is an internet site for Aadhaar card holders to update or alter their locations without needing to visit the office. According to the Unique Identification Authority of India (UIDAI), Aadhaar users will now be able to change multiple details at once.
- Name: Scanned copy of Identity Proof (POI)
- Date of Birth: scanned copy (DOB)
- Gender: A one-time password (OTP) authentication using mobile/Face Auth
- A scanned copy of the Proof of Address (POA) is required. Residents can, however, amend their addresses even if they do not have a POA paperwork
- Language: There is no need for a verification document.
- In addition to the above-mentioned paperwork, a verified mobile phone is necessary for internet Aadhaar update applications because the enrolled number will get an OTP for Aadhaar Authentication, which will be the final proof for launching the upgrade.
How do We update our Aadhaar information online?
- Navigate to the UIDAI’s online webpage at https://ssup.uidai.gov.in/ssup/.
- Select Continue to Update Aadhaar Card.
- Use the web to provide your necessary credentials, such as your Aadhaar number and passcode.
- Select Send OTP from the drop-down menu.
- After pressing the Send OTP option, you will receive a six-digit OTP on your registered mobile number.
- After entering the OTP, you will be able to change your demographic information.
- Make any necessary changes and submit it by selecting the Proceed button.
- Upload any supporting papers for the desired revisions.
- Submit your work and go over the modifications you’ve made.
- Finally, an upgrade request number will be provided to you. It helps in monitoring the status of your Aadhaar card activation.
Here are 5 facts regarding the Baal Aadhaar:
- Biometrics is not designed for children under the age of five.
- According to UIDAI, biometric information such as fingerprints and iris scans are not included in a child’s blue Aadhaar data.
- A Baal Aadhaar card can be obtained for a kid by visiting an Aadhaar enrolment centre) and filling out an enrollment form for 4. A birth certificate and a cellphone number must also be given at the time of enrolment.
- In addition, one of the parents must supply their Aadhaar card number in order to enroll their child in order for them to receive a Baal Aadhaar.
Follow Flickonclick to get all the latest updates on technology, entertainment, offers, lifestyle, talent and fitness.